The British Books Challenge is a reading challenge hosted by Tales Of Yesterday, and the main focus of the challenge is reading and reviewing books by British authors.
This challenge is available for all bloggers and/or booktubers who review books on their blogs, YouTube channels or readers who review on other websites such as Goodreads.
If you sign up for the challenge you will be aiming to read at least 12 books by British authors (which works out to one a month).
Also see the Author Of The Month and Debut Of The Month section for ways to gain extra entries each month!
Please note that entries must have been read and reviewed in the month that you are entering your link/entry.
In terms of what books would count towards the challenge – the books can be in print or out. Old or new titles. They can be from any genre and for any age range. In previous years Becky, Michelle and Kirsty focused mostly on young adult books on their respective blogs, and Sarah’s reviews for the challenge spanned many genres and age ranges. The primary focus on Tales Of Yesterday will be on YA and MG with a few adult books in the mix too, however feel free to read any books by British authors and have those books count towards the challenge: children’s books, middle grade, young adult, new adult, or adult fiction or non-fiction – whatever you feel like reading by any British Authors.
As the goal is set at 12 – I’ll track my progress here
- The Runaway Children by Sandy Taylor
- Springtime at the Cider Kitchen: Little Somerby #2 by Fay Keenan
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
- Where The Wild Cherries Grow by Laura Madeleine
- The Single Girls Calendar by Erin Green
- The Little Cottage on the Hill by Emma Davies
- Wedding Bells at the Dog & Duck by Jill Steeples
- Spring on the Little Cornish Isles; The Flower Farm by Philippa Ashley
- The Last Laugh by Tracy Bloom
- Wartime Brides and Wedding Cakes by Amy Miller
- The Summer of Secrets by Tilly Tennant
- Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell
- The Girl in the Photograph by Kirsty Ferry
- The Unforgotten by Laura Powell
- Coffin Scarcely Used by Colin Watson
- Bump in the Night by Colin Watson
- The Café at Seashell Cove by Karen Clarke
- Spring at Lavender Bay by Sarah Bennett
- Hopjoy Was Here by Colin Watson
- The Little Perfume Shop off the Champs-Élysées by Rebecca Raisin
- Lonelyheart 4122 by Colin Watson
- A Bicycle Made for Two by Mary Jayne Baker
- The Little Wedding Island by Jaimie Admans
- Annie’s Summer by the Sea by Liz Eeles
- Who Needs Men Anyway? by Victoria Cooke
- The Wedding that Changed Everything by Jennifer Joyce
- The Holiday Cottage by the Sea by Holly Martin
- The Bridesmaid Blues by Tracey Sinclair
- Dangerous Crossing by Rachel Rhys
- A Year of Taking Chances by Jennifer Bohnet